The Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook Exposure Camp began in the summer of 1993 as the "Be The Best" Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook High Profile Camp at Carthage College in Kenosha.
The name and location of the camp changed in 1996 when the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook Exposure Camp moved to Lawrence University in Appleton.
In June of 2006, a second WBY Exposure Camp was added at Viterbo University in La Crosse.
The camp now is held exclusively at Viterbo University, a NAIA Division II school.
The summer of 2022 will mark the 28th year of the camp, which annually attracts 120 of the premier high school players from throughout Wisconsin.
The WBY Exposure Camps bring together top high school boys’ basketball players for three days of intense and spirited competition. Participating athletes receive individualized instruction from winning college basketball coaches and learn the advanced offensive and defensive skills required for competition at the collegiate level. College basketball coaches from throughout the Midwest attend the camp as spectators to view the future prospects.
1) Developmental play by position (point guards, wings, posts) each day.
2) Head-to-head competition and fundamentals against the very best varsity players in Wisconsin.
3) Camp staff includes some of the premier varsity high school coaches in Wisconsin.
4) Profiles on each camper distributed to an average of 30 college coaches who attend the camp as spectators.
5) Each camper will have an opportunity to have his photo in the 2016-17 edition of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook.
6) Daily updates and feature stories on the campers on WisSports.net, the number one source for high school basketball info.
7) Great food, excellent facilities and terrific accommodations at Viterbo University in La Crosse.
Wayne Wagner, Camp Director at Viterbo University
Wayne Wagner has served as the head coach of the Viterbo University men’s basketball program for the past 20 seasons.
Wagner enters the 2019-20 campaign with 288 victories at Viterbo, an NAIA Division II school that competes in the North Star Athletic Conference.
Wagner is highly respected throughout Wisconsin for his attention to detail and for producing highly competitive teams. Wagner is a Marshfield native who played college basketball under Rod Popp at Viterbo University.
Mark Miller, WBY & Wissports.net Editor and Camp Information Director
Mark Miller is the chief editor of both the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook and the Boys Basketball section of WisSports.net.
The Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook is a 344-page magazine that covers men’s prep and college basketball in Wisconsin. The WBY serves as a vital source of information for players, fans, high school coaches, parents, media and college scouts. It also highlights the Top 50 Seniors, a section devoted to profiles of the best players in the state.
WisSports.net is the number one online source for high school basketball information in the state. It includes feature stories on coaches, players and teams in Wisconsin. Photos, team rankings and player rankings are also included on www.WisSports.net that notches over 100 million page views a year.
June 12, 13, 14, 2022
Brochures available the first week in January, 2022. Please email WBY editor Mark Miller at email@example.com for a camp brochure. The first 120 students to register will be admitted to the camp.
Camp will once again be held at Viterbo University in La Crosse.