Ceegan Rauls of Fall River
The forecast for the Trailways West Conference on page 334 of the 2023-24 edition of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook inadvertently included last year's forecast and not this years. Below are this year's Trailways West predictions:
1. Fall River -- Three starters graduated from a WIAA Division 5 State Tournament squad, but returnees Shavlik Schultz and Ceegan Rauls form a solid one-two scoring punch.
2. Pardeeville -- Coach Chris Lindert figures to have another quality unit as three double-figure scorers are back, led by senior Austin Hohn.
3. Randolph -- Randolph went 13-12 a year ago, but the Rockets could be much improved in 2023-24 behind Karter Meredith.
4. Markesan -- New coach Skip Laper must build an entirely new starting lineup, but Markesan boasts good tradition and the return of junior Austin Moderow.
5. Cambria-Friesland -- Coach Derrick Smit surpassed 200 career victories a year ago and has a solid tandem back in juniors Carson Burmania and Carter Drews.
6. Rio -- Balance could be a strength for Rio as Eric Eku, Sam Hartley and Carson Grams averaged between 8.9 ppg and 7.0 ppg last season.
7. Montello -- The Hilltoppers have taken their lumps the last few seasons, but they look to turn things around this time around as all five starters are back. Senior Braedy Alberts and juniors Ayden Drew and Bodie Bloom lead the way for Montello.
8. Green Lake/Princeton -- Rookie coach Paul Wedig steps into a good situation as four starters are back from a club that finished 11-14. Team defense and rebounding are concerns, but senior Ryan Pavelec is one of the league's better players.